In our continuing series on board members, here’s your minute with Stephen.
1. Why did you first get involved at the LFIA?
Partially because I was asked, and I find it hard to say no!
But beyond that, I first got involved to advocate for principles that should shift the way we are.
2. What are your hopes for our industry?
That we are brave enough to adopt systemic change, and that we are true to ourselves, remembering the reasons we first became architects, engineers, activators of positive change…
3. Tell us three things most people don’t know about you (where at least two of them should be true!)
I’ve been on MTV several times.
People pay me small amounts of money on a weekly basis for me to remind them to breathe.
I’m somewhat psychic.
4. What’s your favourite childhood memory?
To be painfully honest, I can’t really remember much of my childhood.
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I’m not that psychic.
6. You’re happiest when?
Being with the people I care deeply about, daydreaming, playing music, singing, dancing, being in love.
7. Do you have a favourite quote? Or a motto or personal mantra?
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” – Gandhi