- This event has passed.
Understanding the Living Building Challenge Course
22 August at 8:30 am - 12:30 pm$95 – $120
The Understanding the Living Building Challenge Course provides an in-depth introduction to the Living Building Challenge ideology and certificate process. Attendees are the green building leaders in their community: design professionals, contractors, developers, owners, government officials and employees of public agencies. In short, anyone and everyone who can impact the development of the built environment.
- Identify the key components of the Living Building Challenge
- Discuss the rationale for restorative design principles
- Understand successful strategies for compliance with each performance area
- Recognize financial, regulatory and behavioral barriers and incentives related to high performance design
- Describe the Living Building Challenge Community resources and certification process
This course will be held at the beautifully biophilic Camperdown Commons in Sydney. Places are limited, please register below.
Completion of this course is a requirement for becoming a Living Future Ambassador.
SPEAKERS: STEPHEN CHOI, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, LFIA
Stephen Choi is a UK-qualified Project Architect and Australian-qualified Project Manager. He has led sustainable design teams at small and large practices before founding a not-for-profit environmental consultancy and becoming Living Future Institute of Australia's Executive Director. Stephen’s work has included development of global environmental assessment methods, designing and managing retrofits, and embedding sustainable development into educational curriculum. Several of his projects – both private and public sector – have been recognised in theindustry for progressing “green building”.